I decided to take on this project!
Baking is something that I have always enjoyed doing!
So we decided on CupCakes!
Easy to eat, just the right amount and you just throw away the wrapper!
I knew i didnt want to do anything "BORING" so I started thinking outside the box.
What reminded me of the Park?
Ice Cream...Ice Cream Trucks...
and it hit me!
50/50 Cream'sicle Bars!
So I thought, could they do this in a cupcake?!?!
So what is a girl to do but 'GOOGLE' and to my surprise found the most amazing recipe by fellow blogger CupCakeRehab
(thank you girl!!!)
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. orange extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and lightly butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- For the Cupcakes: Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and orange extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost.
Well here are some pics of my baking adventure!
I think these are the most delicious cupcakes I have ever made personally or ever tasted for that matter!
The cake was so fluffy and spongy!
Everything a Box of Cake/Cupcake Mix cant even come close to offering!
So my next thing is to figure out an awesome frosting!
Chocolate? Cream Cheese? Buttercream?
Cant wait to experiment!
Oh and I have one more review, from my One&Only!
"Awesome, so soft, I hate dessert, but this is delicious. Great job Babe!"
Seriously, that made it so worth it and sealed the deal for this being a MUST have at our E-Picnic!
Next experiments before the picnic is Banana Cupcakes, Carrot Cupcakes and More Sweet Surprises!